Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Images

I chose this image because we talked a lot about photoshopped pictures with the Dove campaign "Evolution". Although this picture is not nearly photoshopped as much as the one in the Dove commercial there is a big difference in not only the hair but her chest and especially her waist and legs.

This GI Joe Doll goes along with our discussion of just how much the concept of this muscular body has changed over the years and how much emphasis is put on it.

I found this picture and thought it was very interesting. Its a "fat" Barbie. We talked a lot about how Barbie has the dimensions that would not be able to support a woman so I liked this picture because it is trying to prove a point about Barbie.

This image is all about the concept of body image. You can see that this woman is looking into the mirror but the image she is seeing is a completely different person.

This goes a long with our discussion of personal and private writing. I liked this image because it is a locked diary so it represents personal and private writing.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how much a picture can be changed with photoshop. You never really know what something/one really looks like because most pictures in magazines have been touched up in some way. This picture ties in well with what we have talked about in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good images...the first one is scary to me.

    ReplyDelete